Fighters of the Shi'ite militia Hezbollah plan to carry out an operation in the north of the Galilee region if Israel starts a new war against Lebanon, said Hezbollah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrullah in an interview with Al Mayadeen on Saturday.
“Any action is possible from our side in response to Israeli actions,” he said, stressing that Hezbollah’s troops will invade Galilee only if Israel demonstrates aggression.
"Israel will pay a much higher price for attacking Lebanon than Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suggests,” Nasrullah warned. "If war breaks out, the entire Palestine will become a battlefield."
The Hezbollah leader added that the movement’s fighters are capable of launching missiles at any targets in Israel if it starts military actions. “The resistance forces have enough missiles and will be able to hit any target in Israel, any target they want, if Israel starts a new wave of aggression against Lebanon,” he said. “We managed to get high-precision missile weapons, despite all attempts by Netanyahu to prevent it by launching air strikes on bases in Syria."
Earlier, the Israeli army had conducted an operation “Northern Shield” on the border with Lebanon to detect and neutralize underground tunnels that had been dug down by Hezbollah into the Jewish state. Six tunnels were found and destroyed. Military experts in Beirut believe they had all been dug during the armed conflict in southern Lebanon in the summer of 2006.
In his interview, Nasrullah did not comment on the information about the tunnels, noting that the entire border area would be used in the event of a Hezbollah response operation against Israel.