Contents tagged with Zolote
During a press conference at the BRICS Summit in Brazil, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that if Ukrainian Police and the National Guard enter the withdrawal areas, then militants of Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics (DPR and LPR) will respond to these actions.
Putin welcomed the withdrawal of troops in Zolote and Petrovske areas but stressed that there are "some ambiguities."
"We see the statements of Ukrainian officials that the Ukrainian police and the National Guard can return …
The withdrawal of forces along the third, Petrivske-Bohdanivka stretch is scheduled to begin on November 8, as long as there are no ceasefire violations over the course of the week, said Volodymyr Kravchenko, Commander of Ukraine’s Joint Forces Operation, at a press conference, as cited by Ukrinform.
“We have already submitted a letter to the OSCE. On the 7th (of November) we will begin, and on the 8th we will effectively withdraw, if there is no breach of the silence regime,” he said.
At the …
At the start of the “RE: Think. Invest in Ukraine” forum in Mariupol on Tuesday, Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said that the veterans and volunteers in Zolote have not done anything illegal, reports LB.ua news outlet .
“They are citizens of Ukraine who have decided to be there, and they are there, without breaking any laws at this moment in time. There are no conflicts, as far as I know. I spoke about it this morning,” said Avakov.
He also said that he is wary of provocation, but “ …
The process of bilateral withdrawal of forces began at 12:00 local time near the Zolote-4 settlement in stretch No. 2 in the Luhansk region, Ukraine’s Joint Forces Command announced on Facebook on Tuesday.
“This was possible because the silence regime had been complied with for the last week,” the post states. The post emphasizes that the start of the disengagement has been confirmed by representatives of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission. However, “in no event will the government disregard …
Volunteers in Zolote-4 in the Luhansk region who argued with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, opposing the armed forces’ withdrawal from important positions, came under fire on the evening of Monday October 28, Ukrayinska Pravda reports.
It is “not known” who fired at the volunteers’ positions. No one was injured in the shooting.
Aider Muzhdabaev, a journalist for the TV channel ATR, also reported on the shooting. He gave a live interview with the veteran Denis “Azova” Yantar, but was …
Deputy Head of Ukrainian National Police Vadym Troyan said that after the meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and conversation with the police, the fighters of Azov volunteer battalion in the Zolote of the Luhansk region of Ukraine withdrew the legal weapon. He also said that at the moments there is only a group of volunteers without weapons who stayed in the area of preparation for the withdrawal of troops in the Zone of Operation of the United Forces in the Zolote-4 and …
President Vladimir Zelensky visited the Ukrainian volunteer battalion in the area which was left by the Ukrainian Armed forces in Zolote, reported the telegram channel of the Ukrainian National Corps.
"Zelenlsy came to the volunteers in Zolote. There was a serious talk about the withdrawal [of troops] and the front line," – the Ukrainian volunteers write.
Zelensly was accompanied by presidential aide Andriy Yermak and Deputy Head of the National Police Vadim Troyan.
During the conversation …
Bohdan Bondar, the Deputy Commander of the Joint Forces Operation, said that the Ukrainian Armed Forces would not surrender their their positions, reports Hromadske TV channel.
"We will not surrender and will not give up our positions. What is being carried out now and what is proposed to be carried out in the future are certain steps towards a real cessation of hostilities. Five years is a period that has sufficiently shown that it is necessary to use other options to end the hostilities," …
Preparation for the withdrawal of forces and equipment from around the city of Zolote is successfully underway from a technical point of view, but the disengagement cannot begin due to ongoing shelling by the separatists, said Ukrainian Defense Minister Andriy Zahorodniuk, as cited by Interfax-Ukraine.
“From a technical point of view, the preparation for disengagement in this area has been going quite successfully, but the shelling is not allowing us to start it. I note once again that the …