The Oktyabrsky District Court of Krasnodar (Russia) has extended the detention of 19 year-old Ukrainian citizen Pavlo Hryb until January 4, 2018.
“The court session ended two hours ago. According to its ruling, Pavlo’s detention has been extended until January 4, 2018,” Hryb’s father Ihor said at a press conference, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
Citing the attorney, Ihor said that his son looks bad, and needs medical assistance.
Pavlo Hryb’s disappearance was reported at the end of August by his father, former border guard and military chaplain Ihor Gryb. According to him, on August 24 his son left for the Belarusian city of Gomel, where he was supposed to meet a girl from Russia whom he had met online. However, after crossing the Belarusian border, the young man disappeared.
Local police told the father that Pavlo Hryb was being investigated under the article “Terrorist act”, and that the investigation had been initiated by the Russian FSB’s Krasnodar Krai office in Sochi. It later became known that Pavlo was being detained in Krasnodar until October 17.
Pavlo’s relatives are demanding that he be given access to medical care, because he has blood circulation problems due to portal hypertension syndrome.