Contents tagged with Donbas
The Mogilev Court of Belarus sentenced a citizen of Belarus, a former fighter of the Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) to two years’ imprisonment, reported the Court’s press service.
On May 4, the Court found the man guilty of crimes outlined in Article 1 p. 361-3 of the Criminal Code of Belarus: participation in an armed formation or armed conflict, military actions, recruitment or preparation of people for such participation in a foreign country.
In 2016, the unnamed citizen repeatedly …
US Special Representative for Ukraine Kurt Volker said in an interview with Voice of America that he is convinced there is no internal conflict in the Donbas.
"There is no internal conflict; there are no grounds for civil war; there are no reasons for military operations except for the presence of Russian troops," he said.
Answering a question on whether there is a real chance to end the war given current circumstances, Volker said: " I think, yes, there is, if President Putin wants. I think …
According to Kyiv, up to 50% of the militants fighting against the Ukrainian army in the Donbas are Russian citizens, as stated by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in an interview with the television channel CBS News.
"We have confirmed figures that in different times they had from 10,000 to 2,500 Russian regular troops in the occupied territory," Poroshenko said, as noted in a statement released by the President of Ukraine’s Press Office.
"Plus they have almost 50 thousand troops, so- …
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) claims to have prevented the contract killing of a former judge from the Luhansk province ordered by the Russian intelligence agency.
According to the department, the Russian intelligence agency hired a Ukrainian who had served prison time in separatist controlled Donbas territory in order to commit the act of terror. With their assistance, he was released from prison and agreed to engage in sabotage and reconnaissance activity in Ukraine, and to carry out …
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has identified 26 Russian officers who have been "sent" to serve as combat training instructors for PMC Wagner since 2014, as stated during a briefing by SBU Head Vasyl Hrytsak, the SBU Press Service reports.
According to Hrytsak, Russian military personnel conducted exercises for “Putin’s private army" that included tactical, fire, engineering and artillery training, as well as training for tank crews, infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel …
Germany and France expect Vladimir Putin’s "constructive participation in resolving international conflicts." Russia should help resolve the crises in Syria and Ukraine, as well as other problems, Foreign Minister of Germany Heiko Maas stated during a meeting with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian in Berlin on Monday, May 7, Radio Liberty reported. According to the German ambassador, Berlin and Paris are interested in dialogue with Moscow and expect from it "constructive contribution …
The Cossacks who dispersed the recent protest in Moscow previously fought on behalf of the separatists in Ukraine, Novaya Gazeta reports.
According to reporters, the “Crimean Cossack Regiment” is part of the Union of Cossack Forces in Russia and Abroad, which is headed by Nikolai Dyakonov.
Dyakonov and his subordinates are known to have extensive combat experience even from before the Ukraine-Russian conflict.
“After the ‘Crimean Spring’, Dyakonov’s Cossacks went to fight in the Donbas. …
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has decided to submit to the International Court of Justice evidence of the involvement of Russian servicemen in the shelling of Mariupol in the Donetsk region on January 24, 2015.
This was announced at a briefing by the head of the Security Service, Vasyl Hrytsak.
On the website of the SBU, information was published about the involvement of Russian military personnel in the shelling of the Vostochny neighborhood in Mariupol. In particular, it has been …
On Sunday, May 6, Ukrainian military were ambushed by the separatists and triggered a land mine. One soldier was killed and two more were injured, the press center of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) posted on Facebook.
"On May 6, during a patrol of the defended area, a group of servicemen from a mechanized battalion operating in the Horlivka area was ambushed. An unknown explosive device was installed on the patrol route. As a result of the explosion, one soldier was killed and two wounded," …
The U.S. imposed restrictions on the use of Javelin anti-tank missile systems in the Donbas, which Washington supplied to Ukraine, as stated by Georgiy Tuka, the deputy minister for the temporarily occupied territories and internally displaced persons of Ukraine, on the Pryamoy channel.
According to him, one of the terms of the contract to supply the missile systems was “not to use these complexes directly on the contact line.”
At the same time, Tuka stressed that the ban can be canceled “at …