Contents tagged with ceasefire violations
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) considers the current state of affairs in the Donbas the most precarious since the start of 2018, first deputy head of the mission Alexander Hugt old DW in an interview.
“If you compare with previous months, this is the worst period, when we are observing significant usage of heavy weapons. This is one of the most severe moments we have seen this year. Over the course of a day we have between 200 and 2,000 cases of ceasefire violations, it was last …
The observers of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe Special Monitoring Mission recorded a reduction in the number of shelling incidents in the Donetsk region and an increase in the Luhansk region, according to the Mission’s report published on the Organization’s website. The report revealed that 527 explosions were recorded in the Luhansk region, more than double the incidents observed in the previous recording period when approximately 225 explosions were documented.
On Sunday, November 6th, the Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) of the OSCE reported an increase in ceasefire violations in the Donetsk region, BBC reports.According to the released report, in the Luhansk region, the number of violations has decreased. However, for the period from November 3 to 4, the OSCE observers recorded 585 explosions in the Donetsk region, while in the previous reporting period there were 430 of them."On the night of November 4th, in the DPR-controlled city of Horlivka (39 …
14 cases of ceasefire violations by the Russian forces were recorded along the entire front line from midnight to 6:00 PM on Saturday.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces’ press center reported on Facebook that 3 violations were recorded in Mariupol. Separatists fired in the direction of the village of Hranitne with small fire arms. Russian forces also shelled Vodyane village using grenade launchers.
Five violations were recorded in Luhansk. Separatists also attacked Novozvanovka with grenade …
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg expressed concern about the increase in the number of ceasefire violations in the Donbas, and once again stressed the necessity of implementing the Minsk Agreements.
"We are concerned about the increase in the intensity of attacks in Eastern Ukraine. But the only way to resolve the conflict is to fully implement all points of the Minsk Agreements," he said in an interview with the Inter TV channel show Details, which aired on Sunday evening.
In response …
On Friday, 11 Ukrainian servicemen were injured in the Donbas region.
According to Ukrainian Independent Information Agency correspondents, the spokesman of the Presidential Administration of Ukraine, Andrei Lysenko, reported the injuries during a press conference
"On the last day of the operation, eleven soldiers were injured," Lysenko said.
According to him, the situation on the front lines continues to deteriorate. 84 ceasefire violations by pro-Russian separatists were recorded on Friday, …
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko held a telephone conference with the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, and the President of France, Francois Hollande, reported the Press Service of the Administration of the Ukrainian President.
According to the report, the Ukrainian President stressed the unacceptability of the violation of the ceasefire by the Russian-backed separatists and the denial of access of OSCE observers to the occupied territory and uncontrolled parts of the Russian- …
On January 18th, at the meeting of the Committee of Foreign Affairs, the Council of the European Union will discuss the situation in Ukraine, reported the Council's press service. A discussion on the current situation in Syria and Iraq will also be on the agenda.
At the end of last year, the leaders of the "Normandy Four" (Russia, Ukraine, Germany and France) held talks over the phone and agreed to extend the validity of the Minsk Agreements into 2016. They also arranged another meeting of …
The Ukrainian Army and the pro-Russian separatists in Eastern Ukraine have accused each other of violating the "Christmas Truce" on January 1st.
The truce came into force on December 22nd and was mutually agreed upon by the opposing forces. In the last few days, according to the Ukrainian command, the Ukrainian Army’s position was shelled 22 times with mortars and grenade launchers. Government troops have suffered no casualties yet.
Separatists reported that one person was killed in their …
A group of militants disguised as Ukrainian ATO (Anti-Terrorist Operation) fighters shelled residential areas in the Zaytsevo region, reported the ATO press center. The attackers appeared to be one of the pro-Russian, illegal armed groups poorly disguised as Ukrainian servicemen. The militants fired indiscriminately on Zaytsevo’s residential infrastructure using small arms.
“Criminals are trying to mislead local residents, accuse Ukrainian soldiers of ceasefire violations and discredit ATO …